Why you should try it:
natural tooth whitener powerful detoxifier
natural blackhead remover/facial purifier
What you’ll need:
a bottle of activated charcoal capsules (available at most natural food stores)
bentonite clay (for the face mask) raw apple cider vinegar (for the face mask)
Give it a whirl:
1. To try it as a natural tooth whitener, remove the outer casing of one activated charcoal capsule and pour the powdered contents into a small bowl. Don’t wear anything white! This can get messy, so lean over the sink and be prepared to wipe the sink down afterward. Wet your toothbrush and apply your normal toothpaste (I recommend natural brands without the added chemicals). Dab the toothpaste in the charcoal and brush as you normally would. (If you’re hardcore, skip the toothpaste, and just sprinkle enough charcoal on your wet brush to cover the top.) Don’t forget to smile at least once at someone in your house while you’re doing this!
2. Brush as you would with toothpaste. Rinse out your mouth well (avoid swallowing the charcoal), and then brush again with a regular round of toothpaste.
3. To try it as a face mask, remove the outer casing of two activated charcoal capsules and pour the contents into a small bowl. Mix this with 1 teaspoon bentonite clay and 1 1⁄2 teaspoons raw apple cider vinegar. Apply a thin even layer of the mixture to your cleaned face, avoiding your eyes and hair.
4. Allow the mask to dry for 5 to 10 minutes
5. Remove it with warm water and a soft hand towel.
For more homeopathic recipes, pick up a copy of my book, Aim True.
Photography: Cheyenne Ellis
Text: Excerpted from Aim True