These tasty, grain-free muffins can be eaten for breakfast or dessert (or at any hour of the day for that matter)! These puppies are chocked full of fiber (which means nice and filling), an easy way to get protein, and perfectly portable. They are delicious with chocolate and cherries, but also work with any seasonal fruit or skip the fruit all together and load up on chocolate. Not that I’ve ever done that.
Learn better through watching? I’ve got you covered. Watch my video on Yogaglo HERE.
Cherry Chocolate Coconut Flour Muffins
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 eggs, organic + free-range
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup apple butter
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 cup almond butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup dried cherries*
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Coconut oil spray or baking spray of choice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 C).
2. Spray 12-cup nonstick muffin tin with coconut oil or baking spray of your choice.
3. Using a large spoon or hand mixer, combine all the ingredients except cherries and chocolate chips.
4. Fold in cherries until well combined.
5. Distribute batter evenly into prepared pans, filling each 3/4 full.
6. Top each muffin with a few chocolate chips.
7. Bake for 20-25 mins, or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.*
8. Allow muffins to cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
* Substitute 1/2 cup defrosted cherries, roughly chopped, for dried cherries.
* If using defrosted cherries, add an extra 5 minutes to total bake time.
See more recipes like this on my Yogaglo program, Better Than Takeout.